Hello and bienvenue! I hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend. I know I did! After we accompanied Maw-Maw to her church service, family surrounded the dinner table full of delicious food. It was a great Easter, and I am so happy that everyone was safe and able to make it to eat and thank Jesus for His ultimate sacrifice as a family. We are so blessed.
It really was a beautiful weekend! My mom, brother, and I volunteered at the Indian Holi Festival at our local park on Saturday. The colors thrown around were gorgeous, and the sun behind the clouds made for a cool day. The music was upbeat, and everyone had smiles on their faces as they were pelted with handfuls of colored powder! We were an absolute mess…but like beautiful butterflies! Holi is the celebration of Spring and renewal. It really was a family-centered weekend for us!
With Easter in the past, how has this week affected you? How can we temper ourselves this week?
(Even though I’m still struggling with last week’s.) Again, I can temper my faith in Christ and improve my prayer life. Easter really brings out how much He loves us, and my relationship with Him isn’t worth that yet. Maybe it never will be… Another way I can temper my lifestyle is to exercise. Something else Easter brings with it: plenty of sugar! My sugar intake is so high, and always has been. For two years now, my body has slowed down in metabolism and also how it processes different foods. A high amount of sugars are addictive, but make my body sick. I need to cleanse: my body is a temple. I need to make it healthy again, and eating healthier as well as keeping active will push me forward. O, but the temptation! What a struggle… Almost as bad as having to write this Social Audit for my Philosophy course…
Here are this week’s happies, here at your convenience!
- A literal cat burglar…who really likes briefs and matching socks.
- An unbelievable story of a 5-year-old girl who saves her mother’s life.
- This coffee maker is my new dream! See this video for the story behind its creation.
- World Market has some really cute Spring clothes, like this comfy-looking jacket I’m now obsessed with!
- Here’s a World Market blog post on how to set up a beautiful springtime tea party! I love the succulents as party favors. It looks lovely.