Welcome to the first installment of this year’s autumn series, Autumn Lovin’! Fall just gives me all the happy feels when it finally arrives. I’ve noticed everyone I’ve been around today has been in an unusually good mood. Probably that cool, dry air we’ve been blessed with!
When I began to write this post, I was sitting at Starbucks enjoying a beverage that nearly every girl in America waits for: the (in)famous PSL. I made one once, but I couldn’t remember whose recipe I followed. This year, though, I decided to combine a few different ideas to build my own recipe. I require real, cooked pumpkin in mine, not just the spices and flavored syrup.
Some people don’t care for the flavor of pumpkin, so you can go ahead and skip down to the bottom to get your first Fall Freebie! But let’s be honest: there aren’t many pumpkin haters!
What you’ll need to start preparing your single-serving Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- 1 cup Almond Milk, or preferred milk
- 1 tbsp Puréed Pumpkin (canned will do)
- 1 tbsp Sugar, or preferred sweetener
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon*
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg*
- pinch of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup Extra Strong Coffee
- whipped cream, if desired
*Keep one of these handy for a finishing sprinkle on top!
- Combine milk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, and spices into a pot and heat on medium-low heat until the milk is warm. For those of you who haven’t heated milk this way before, you will notice the mixture begin to thicken slightly, and all of the pumpkin should be broken down.
- Using an immersion blender, whip the milk mixture until frothy. (If you don’t have one of these, grab a whisk and get ready for a workout!)
- Pour coffee into your favorite campfire mug, and add the milk mixture to the coffee.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top with your favorite topping: sprinkles, nuts, or just another little dash of nutmeg (my flavorite!).
All that’s left is to grow a whipped cream mustache and drink that sucker up! Yum yum yum~ Nothing like cool air and a little cozy-something to warm you up on the inside.
Like I promised…here’s your first Fall Freebie! I drew these Autumn Lovin’ printable stickers myself and wanted to share them with you. Just download a copy of this PDF to access them. If you print them out on a shipping label, you can cut each picture out to make your own stickers! They are so cute for the beginning of the school year to decorate notebooks, a journal, your planner, or a birthday card for a friend. Of course, you could also give them to the little ones so you can find them in the weirdest places later on!
I hope you enjoy your delicious fall beverage! I know I have. I had to make a double recipe so my mom could have a cup, too. You can’t just make one for yourself! Do you have a particular beverage you love to drink in the fall? Share with us in the comments!
Are you lovin’ autumn yet?